- On today’s show Landon and Nate talk with Dr. David Murray of Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary and the Head, Heart, Hand blog about Christian counseling; specifically in the area of depression and anxiety. Then Landon and Pastor Nate spend time in the Scriptures discussing how believers can deal with these prevalent issues.
(Click “Read More” for detailed show notes.)
[00:10:51] Interview w/ Dr. David Murray
- Dr. Murray’s testimony.
- Different types of Christian counseling.
- How believers can cope with depression and anxiety.
- A discussion on Psalm 42.
- More on how believers can deal with depression and a
Resources Mentioned During the Show
(Click on titles for links)
- [Site] HeadHeartHand Blog
- [Article] Who is the Ken Ham of the Biblical Counseling Movement?
- [Book] Christians Get Depressed Too: Hope and Help for Depressed People by Dr. David Murray
- [Book] The Happy Christian: Ten Ways to Be a Joyful Believer in a Gloomy World by Dr. David Murray
- [Book] Jesus on Every Page: 10 Simple Ways to Seek and Find Christ in the Old Testament by Dr. David Murray
- [Book] How Sermons Work: A very helpful book for those who prepare sermons. by Dr. David Murray
- [Site] Association of Certified Biblical Counselors
- [Book] Jesus Unmasked: The Truth Will Shock You by Todd Friel
- If you’d like to email regarding anything you’ve heard on this edition or previous editions of the Fire Away! podcast, you can do so at FireAway@entreatingfavor.com or subscribe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/EntreatingFavor.
- If you have questions, suggestions, or hate mail for those involved with today’s show, please email at the addresses below: