- On today’s show Landon discusses a number of topics including unbiblical statements Christians believe, Heaven tourism, what hurts the church’s witness, and, killing babies with poison shots in the heart.
(Click “Read More” for detailed show notes.)
[00:05:05] Topic 1: Michelle Obama Says Gospel Music Connects Her to God
- Michelle Obama recently stressed the importance of gospel music in American history. Speaking to a group of 100 students and musicians at the White House, Obama said that gospel music helped to shape American society; the genre of music also helps her feel connected to God.
[00:11:24] Topic 2: Seven Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- There are many things that Jesus-following, Church-going, Bible-believing Christians believe that are completely unbiblical. How does this happen? Often, we’ll hear someone quote a statement that sounds nice to us, and we’ll begin repeating it as though it’s biblical truth without ever researching it in Scripture.
[00:29:05] Topic 3: Church on the Move – More ‘Better Life’ False Teaching
- More “better life” false teaching in the wake of Andy Stanley…
[00:32:51] Topic 4: What Really Hurts The Church’s Witness
- The idea, obviously, is that “the world” will see our imperfections, realize we’re not perfect, that we fight sometimes and screw up a lot, then they’ll reject the gospel, never to darken the doors of our churches ever again. All because Christians talked openly about our problems on Facebook. It’s completely absurd when you really think about it.
[00:44:11] Topic 5: New York Assembly Passes Bill Allowing Shooting Babies Through the Heart With Poison to Kill Them
- This abortion bill would allow an abortion procedure that has abortionists shooting poison through the hearts of unborn children to kill them. Now, the state Assembly has approved part of the package of bills — specifically the abortion promotion measure Governor Cuomo strenuously supports.
[00:50:21] Topic 6: Heaven Tourism: The Saga Continues
- The recantation of Alex’s story also caused many to doubt Colton Burpo’s story as well, regarding his story of visiting Heaven in his book and upcoming movie Heaven is for Real. Burpo then felt he needed to come out and make a statement— one where he unabashedly claimed that he stands by his story. Just when it seems like all of this doubt being cast upon the subject was causing people to rethink their beliefs on these fictional stories, the publicity of a new miracle tale is refueling the old fire.
Resources Mentioned During the Show
(Click on titles for links)
- If you’d like to email regarding anything you’ve heard on this edition or previous editions of the Fire Away! podcast, you can do so at FireAway@entreatingfavor.com or subscribe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/EntreatingFavor.
- If you have questions, suggestions, or hate mail for those involved with today’s show, please email at the addresses below:
- Landon Chapman
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Landon Chapman