- On today’s show Landon discusses accepting an invitation to be a contributor to Pulpit & Pen, Protestant Christian’s fascination with Lent, a creepy article about Jesus wanting to spend time with us, and what real Christian love for homosexuals looks like.
(Click “Read More” for detailed show notes.)
[00:05:45] Topic 1: On Joining the Pulpit & Pen
- I have accepted a gracious invitation to be the newest contributor over at Pulpit & Pen website.
- I will continue to blog and podcast regularly here at Entreating Favor, but look for some of my work to post at P&P as well.
- I pray they continue to be edifying to the Saints and convicting to sinners.
- Sincerest thanks to you all for your ongoing support.
[00:11:20] Topic 2: Protestants and Lent
- Landon reviews his first article for Pulpit & Pen.
[00:21:26] Topic 3: Creepy, Anti-Biblical Article by A Pastor
- I was made aware of this post recently by a local pastor because so many people on my Facebook time had “liked” it.
- Once you’ve heard this article, it should not surprise you that this was posted two days before Valentine’s Day.
- One woman I shared the article with said, “You know, when I was a kid, preachers didn’t talk like lovesick teenage girls. They preached like men. Men, I tell you. Just throwing that out there.”
- This theology is largely the result of an anti-doctrinal movement. A healthy dose of the doctrines of God would have blown this article out of the water before the second paragraph was read.
- This sounds like something I heard Rick Warren say. He , actually, said that God likes it when you be you. I thought Jesus died and was raised on the third day so we, thru sanctification, can become more like Christ. I need to repent and believe on Jesus for salvation and rest on the finished work of the cross. Sounds like he’s trying to bring God down to our level.
- The bottom line is that when your God is small then you are large. When you are large then everything is about you.
[00:57:46] Topic 4: Real Christian Love for Homosexuals
- With homosexuality and transgenderism quickly becoming mainstream in America, Christians are growing increasingly confused about how to treat those folks.
- Stand firm in the Truth, but do not forget that they are lost sinners just like you and I once were.
Resources Mentioned During the Show
(Click on titles for links)
- Landon joins Pulpit & Pen
- Five Reasons to Not Observe Lent
- False Gospel of the Roman Catholic Church
- Voddie Baucham – Sissified Jesus
- WWUTT – Standing at the Door and Knocking
- John MacArthur – Real Christian love for homosexuals
- If you’d like to email regarding anything you’ve heard on this edition or previous editions of the Fire Away! podcast, you can do so at FireAway@entreatingfavor.com or subscribe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/EntreatingFavor.
- If you have questions, suggestions, or hate mail for those involved with today’s show, please email at the addresses below:
- Landon Chapman
- Email: email@example.com
- Landon Chapman