- On today’s show Landon discusses the drubbing of an unbeliever by Dr. James White regarding homosexuality and the Mosaic Law before moving into why the notion of a “carnal Christian” is both oxymoronic and unbiblical. Finally, we’ll listen to Tom Brady talk about how his worldly successes have not satisfied.
(Click “Read More” for detailed show notes.)
[00:04:40] Topic 1: James White Rebukes Unbeliever Ripping Old Testament Out of Context
- Someone made the mistake of challenging James White on Twitter Jan. 4th of this year regarding the Old Testament Law and its relation to homosexuality. Dr. White’s response was simply too good to ignore. So, Landon reads it through here and you’ll enjoy the knowledge and sarcasm mixer that is taking place. This is by far one of the best systematic explanations regarding mosaic law and the fulfillment of law by Lord Jesus Christ we’ve ever read.
[00:18:01] Topic 2: Carnal Christianity is an Oxymoron
- “If the professed convert distinctly and deliberately declares that he knows the Lord’s will but does not mean to attend to it, you are not to pamper his presumption, but it is your duty to assure him that he is not saved. Do not suppose that the Gospel is magnified or God glorified by going to the worldlings and telling them that they may be saved at this moment by simply accepting Christ as their Saviour, while they are wedded to their idols, and their hearts are still in love with sin. If I do so I tell them a lie, pervert the Gospel, insult Christ, and turn the grace of God into lasciviousness.” – Charles Spurgeon
[00:31:55] Topic 3: Tom Brady Knows There is Something More
- If Tom Brady is searching for more from life, then everyone knows there is more than temporal pleasure. Preach the Word!
Resources Mentioned During the Show
(Click on titles for links)
- Dr. James White Facebook Post
- Wretched Radio Video
- Churches Using Carnal Means to Attract Carnal People by Paul Washer
- The “Carnal Christian” and Reality
- Tom Brady on 60 Minutes
- Article on Repentance
- If you’d like to email regarding anything you’ve heard on this edition or previous editions of the Fire Away! podcast, you can do so at FireAway@entreatingfavor.com or subscribe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/EntreatingFavor.
- If you have questions, suggestions, or hate mail for those involved with today’s show, please email at the addresses below:
- Landon Chapman
- Email: email@example.com
- Landon Chapman