- On today’s show Landon discusses an article in defense of false teacher Rob Bell. Then an incredible message from Tony Miano entitled ‘Don’t Quit’.
(Click “Read More” for detailed show notes.)
[00:04:40] Topic 1: Recounting a Conversation About Rob Bell and the associated article.
- Rob Bell is currently enjoying a bit of a resurgence thanks to well-known Universalist Oprah Winfrey. Sadly, Mr. Bell is peddling a false-gospel all in the name of Christ’s love.
- Landon then recounts an unfortunate Facebook exchange with a couple of brothers in Christ.
[00:53:56] Topic 2: Don’t Quit!
- “The audio you are about to hear was recorded on October 29, 2008. It was no ordinary day. October 29, 2008, was the day Deputy RandyHamson would be laid to rest. DeputyHamson was critically injured while on-duty, on August 16, 2004. While investigating a traffic collision that had occurred earlier, DeputyHamson saw a vehicle travelling in his direction, with its lights off. DeputyHamson stepped into the lane and tried to signal to the driver with his flashlight. As he did, he was struck by another car.”As the station chaplain at the time, I was called to the emergency room to ministry to DeputyHamson’s family and station personnel. I was present when doctors looked at DeputyHamson’s initial CAT scan. The prognosis was not good. Yet Randy fought for the next four years. He never quit. DeputyHamson’s memorial service was scheduled for October 29, 2008. I could not attend because it was the first day of Ambassadors’ Academy #7. It is within this context that I stepped to the pulpit to preach ‘Don’t Quit.'”I hope this message is an encouragement to you, my brothers and sisters in Christ–not only in your evangelism endeavors, but in every area of your life.”- Tony Miano
Resources Mentioned During the Show
(Click on titles for links)
- The Rob Bell Article referenced
- Matt Slick’s review of “Love Wins”
- Landon’s article re: the hate of discerning Christians
- Cross Encounters: Don’t Quit
- If you’d like to email regarding anything you’ve heard on this edition or previous editions of the Fire Away! podcast, you can do so at FireAway@entreatingfavor.com or subscribe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/EntreatingFavor.
- If you have questions, suggestions, or hate mail for those involved with today’s show, please email at the addresses below:
- Landon Chapman
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Landon Chapman