Hello! My name is Landon Chapman and I am the owner of EntreatingFavor.com and the Fire Away! podcast. I began the site in April 2014 and the podcast in August 2014 as an outlet for me to post my thoughts on various topics related to Christianity and the church; often sharing my notes from my personal Bible study. In the summer of 2015, Pastor Nate Pickowicz of Harvest Bible Church in Gilmanton, NH joined the site and we now co-labor in Christ together through Entreating Favor. In a relatively short time, we have developed a deep bond and truly consider ourselves brothers.
As you may already be aware, each week we provide three primary areas of content:
- The Daily Discovery: Released Monday through Friday, this daily post consists of five articles from around the web, a sermon from a faithful man of God, and two interesting videos.
- Podcast: We release a new podcast episode once each week, typically toward the end of the week. Often times we will have a guest to interview and periodically Nate and I will simply talk theology. In the past we’ve interviewed guests like Emilio Ramos, Todd Friel, Erin Benzinger, Gabe Hughes (WWUTT), Mike Abendroth, and Dr. Steven Lawson. All episodes of the Fire Away! podcast are accompanied by a “show notes” page which lists all the resources mentioned on the show. You may subscribe to the podcast through iTunes, Stitcher, SermonAudio, Overcast, or your favorite podcatcher. Listeners to our show vary greatly in region, primarily residing in the United States but a fair amount internationally as well.
- Articles: We release at least one original article each week. More often than not, multiple articles are published and we have a number of ongoing series such as The Best Book in the Bible series.
- App: We offer a mobile app for both iOS and Android where one may listen to the podcast, read the articles, and contact us.
While we truly enjoy working to glorify Christ through this ministry, it has never been (nor ever will be) our primary source of income. By vocation, I am an architect and Pastor Nate is, well, a pastor. To that end, anything I write or record falls under the authority and headship of my pastor and elders (Heb 13:17) and Pastor Nate is in submission to his elders. Thus, this is not a “rogue” ministry in which we do whatever we please. We are gladly accountable to our leaders as Scripture mandates.
Further, because this is a secondary ministry for us, all expenses are paid out-of-pocket to keep the site and podcast operational. Our hope is that if you find the content edifying and enjoy this ministry that you would prayerfully consider supporting us in a small capacity and becoming an Entreating Favor patron. The beauty of a Patreon campaign is that it is extremely flexible in regards to how much you would like to give.
The cost of operating the website and podcast equates to $1,500/yr or roughly $125/mo. So, our goal is just that, $125/mo. If your budget is conducive to giving (even just $1, $2, or $3 per month) and you enjoy and are edified by this ministry, your contribution would be most appreciated.
If you are not currently in a position to give or simply don’t want to give, please rest assured that we will never charge for the website and podcast content. As long as the site and podcast exist, both will remain free of charge.
We so appreciate all of our faithful readers and listeners and thank you sincerely for your ongoing patronage and donation consideration.
God bless and Soli Deo Gloria!
- Note: Please do not contribute to this ministry if you are currently experiencing financial hardship. Further, please give to your local church first!
- Note: Should the Lord bless us to the point we exceed our yearly expenses, the overage will be held in a fund for future miscellaneous expenses (i.e. conference registration fees, maintaining equipment, etc.). Again, we are not looking to monetarily profit from the Entreating Favor ministry.